I made my first essential oil diffuser necklace today! So easy and inexpensive too (mine was less than $10.)
Style and wellness in one – perfect.
Pieces to buy to make your own DIY Diffuser Necklace:
1. Diffuser Pendant (on the jewelry aisle – they were on the bottom row at our store)
2. Necklace Chain
3. Felt (add 1-3 drops of essential oil and put in the pendant)
4. Jump Rings (1 or 2 to attach the pendant and charms to the chain)
5. Optional – extra charm – I added a key charm to mine
6. Tiny pliers or jewelry tool to tighten the jump ring
7. Young Living Essential Oil (1-3 drops lasts a day)
It was super easy, just pick where on the chain you want to add your pendant. Loosen a jump ring and thread it through so it attaches to the chain and pendant. Tighten with the jewelry pliers. Add a charm if you want by attaching with another jump ring (I used the 9mm size, smaller would be ok too)
Cut a piece of felt so it is small enough to fit in the diffuser locket. Then add 1-3 drops of Young Living Essential Oil to the felt pad. Close the pendant and you are all set!
Now you are ready to wear your stylish and helpful diffuser necklace! (I put peppermint oil in mine – perfect for our road trip – it helps with headaches and motion sickness so I can read in the car!) I packed a few extra felt pads so I can switch to other oils. JOY and is another one of my favorites!
** Most of the supplies were 50% off at Hobby Lobby this week! You can also use a Hobby Lobby 40% coupon on one regular priced item, just bring it up on your phone. I was not paid by Hobby Lobby to write this post – although that would be awesome, because I often want to buy the whole store!
What’s your favorite essential oil to wear? Leave a comment below!